Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure that is safe and effective for treating many skin conditions. It is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and is a gentle resurfacing procedure that creates controlled micro-injuries to the skin to stimulate its natural repair process and encourages the healthy production of collagen and elastin. The end result is cellular regeneration, replacing old and damaged skin cells with new ones and giving you a plump, youthful, and radiant complexion.
Microneedling is effective in:
•Improving the appearance of
• Reducing pore sizeBlurs stretch marks
• Encourage hair grown (when combined with PRP)
To maximize results, a series of treatments is preferred.
This treatment may be done anywhere on the face and body, however it is usually done on the face. It is an effective treatment for acne scars, fine lines, large pores, pigmentation, dull skin and wrinkles. It’s considered to be safe and effective for most skin types.
The best way to prepare for microneedling is to:
• Discontinue skincare products containing retinol for a week before treatment.
• Wear sunscreen at all times to protect your skin from sunburn and inflammation.
• Use only gentle skincare products prior to your treatment as well as after.
The microneedling device used at Allure Medical Aesthetics is the eDermastamp. It is a motorized pen like device equipped with a sterile tip containing very fine needles. When the tool is run over the skin, the needles create tiny punctures in the top layer of the skin, triggering the body to produce new collagen and elastin. This device is Health Canada approved and the eDermaStamp® by Dermaroller® features the highest quality, medical grade, sterile needles – optimally placed for precision penetration and maximum safety. With the fastest motor on the market, the eDermaStamp® offers the best results and eliminates reckless tearing of the skin imposed by imitation devices.
Each treatment takes approximately 20-30 minutes. After applying an anesthetic (numbing) cream to your skin for 15 minutes , we will apply a hyaluronic acid serum to your skin before gliding the eDermaStampt over the skin’s surface in a precise pattern, allowing the micro-needles to enter the skin vertically. This will ensure a uniform treatment, with an accurate number of micro-injuries necessary to generate results. The depth of the treatment will be determined by which skin concerns are being targeted. After the treatment, we will apply the appropriate post-treatment products and provide you with post-treatment instructions.
Due to the numbing cream you may feel a slight vibration on the skin, but the treatment is virtually painless.
After microneedling, your skin cells begin to work double-time to produce new tissues. Many of our patients notice an immediate glow in their skin after their first microneedling treatment. More dramatic effects become more noticeable as they continue with the recommended series of treatments. Expect to see a smoother and finer skin texture and even skin tone as your skin exfoliates optimally.Within 4-6 weeks, you may see visible improvements in fine lines and pore size as the skin’s epidermis thickens. Improvement in scars may continue up to two years post-treatment, as new and healthy tissue is developed continuously.
Enhanced results may be achieved with an appropriate skincare routine and daily use of a sunscreen of at least SPF 30.
You can enjoy very minimal to no downtime after your treatment.Some patients may experience skin redness or sensitivity immediately after, which is normal and should resolve in hours or days. Other patients may experience no redness whatsoever. Most patients return to routine activities the next day.
To get the most out of your microneedling treatment, follow these aftercare tips.
• Do not use makeup or any product on the treatment area for the first 12 hours post-treatment. Patients are usually asked to wait for up to 72 hours before going back to their regular skincare or makeup routine
• Stay indoors for the next 48 hours as much as possible. Your treated skin is still photosensitive, and exposure to ultraviolet light can be damaging for you.
• Wear a all times and reapply every 2 hours.
• Do not use tanning beds or spray tans, which also exposes your skin to harmful UV light.
• Refrain from exercising or doing any strenuous activity within the first 72 hours of treatment. Exerting effort and sweating out can irritate the skin, which is still raw. Gyms are also notorious for being hotspots for bacteria, which can infect your skin.
• Postpone going to the sauna or swimming. These activities put you at risk of irritation, inflammation, or infection due to sweating and the harsh chemicals in most pools.
• Steer clear of alcohol-based toners for up to 14 days after microneedling treatment.
• Avoid using powered facial cleansers for 10 days